The Peking edition of the Kangyur is held in the National Library of Mongolia.
- It is printed with red ink.
- The folio size is approximately 28 inch x 8.3 inch (71.7 cm. x 21.2 cm).
- Four volumes out of 107 volumes are missing.(002 rgyud ka, 018 rgyud tsa, 048 sher phyin mi, 066 mdo sna tshogs ngu)
Peking edition of the Kangyur
Peking Kangyur phal chen li 002A
the National Library of Mongolia
|Digital version of Peking edition of the Kangyur
Since 2008 the digitizing of Peking edition of the Kangyur has been undertaken as a joint project by
This joint project was coordinated by Kawachen.
Digital version of Tempangma manuscript of the Kangyur was distributed from the Digital Preservation Society (DPS) which was established in order to preserve the Tibetan Buddhist Canons and related literature in digital form, and make these widely available.
This joint project was completed in April 2016 and distribution from DPS has ended. Thereafter, to make it available, Kawachen has undertaken the distribution of this digital Kangyur.
Included in this complete digital version are
- 103 volumes from the National Library of Mongolia
- and 4 volumes (002 rgyud ka, 018 rgyud tsa, 048 sher phyin mi, 066 mdo sna tshogs ngu) from the Harvard-Yenching Library.
- And a few mising pages from some volumes are also supplemented the from the Harvard-Yenching Library.
- And 2 volumes(038 sher phyin chi, 039 sher phyin ji) from the National Library of Ulaanbaatar has several overwritings and additional copies of these two volumes are added from the Harvard-Yenching Library are included for reference.
Peking Kangyur digital data viewed on Adobe Reader
Peking edition of the Kangyur sample digital (PDF format)(approx. 4.85MB)
(right click to download)
*:Price subject to change without prior notice.
|Digital data of the Peking edition of the Kangyur
||PDF format(Acrobat 7.0 or later version)
(approx. size of 1 volume: 120MB - 300MB)(color)
Approximate size of the page 27 inch x 7.5 inch (68.58 cm x 19.05 cm).
Each page is bookmarked and the edges are trimmed.
|Number of volumes, discs
||107 volumes(103 volumes from the National Library of Mongolia
+ 4 volumes(002 rgyud ka, 018 rgyud tsa, 048 sher phyin mi, 066 mdo sna tshogs ngu) are from the Harvard-Yenching Library)
+ additional 2 volumes(038 sher phyin chi, 039 sher phyin ji)(from the Harvard-Yenching Library)
DVD-R 5 discs
|US$3,700.00 (Including shipping)
*:For the condition and other information about ordering, please contact
The digitized Tempangma manuscript (rgyal rtse'i them spang ma) of the Kangyur and the Peking edition of the Kangyur held by the National Library of Mongolia is available from its exclusive distributor kawachen, Tokyo. Please read the terms and conditions and fill the Order form and send to by e-mail. We will send you the bank remittance detail etc. by e-mail. Usually, we will send the data in DVD in about a week after receiving the payment.
Terms and conditions
- The use of the materials included in the digitized image of the Kangyur is available to the individual or the organization and its affiliated members that have obtained it from the legal Distributor. The publication, distribution, redistribution, posting on website, commercial use etc. without permission is prohibited.
- This purchase is non-refundable.
- Content is scanned image data of manuscript offered in PDF format, and is not searchable text/character (transcription) data. To view a PDF
Adobe Reader (free) or PDF reader software is required. Please see the sample image data of the manuscript on Adobe Reader in the Homepage.
- Inside the digital image data, the individual or the organization's name is printed. Protection is made to restrict editing of page or pages. Also, the individual or the organization's name is printed on the DVD-R disks.
*: "/" Please select one by deleting the unnecessary part.
[Title]: Peking edition of the Kangyur|
[Type]: Institution / Individual
[Name for watermark in data and DVD label]:
**: For any order by an institution or an organization, if you require any Proforma Invoice / Invoice / Receipt etc. please let us know your billing department name with detail address. Also, please mention any other specifications needed with the document.